Four Things to Remember in Your Last Semester

1.Time Literally Disappears

It feels like just yesterday I was starting my “last first day of school” and now we’re over halfway through the semester. After spring break I have five weekends at school. FIVE. I have so many things I still want to do with my friends before we all split off and go our different ways.

2. Graduating is Expensive

Did you know you have to apply to graduate? And you have to pay a $35 application fee? Try to find a cap and gown from a friend too because graduation regalia is $40. If you’re broke (like most seniors in college) than that $75 can take you by surprise. Keep them in mind, and you’ll be fine!

3. It’s your last chance to enjoy the amenities of being a student!

Use that student discount! Take advantage of the library, your free gym membership and the numerous resources at your disposal. I know I didn’t fully appreciate ProQuest or Interlibrary Loan until this past year, and their awesome resources to have. And my $5 Spotify (and Hulu!) subscription? Yeah… I’m going to miss that.

4. No one else has it figured out either

When it’s your last semester, chances are you feel this pressure to know what you’re doing with your life and where you’re going next. But the truth is? None of us know. Sure, there are those lucky few who know what graduate school they’re going too, and some people already have a job lined up, but most of us? We’re just figuring it out one day at a time! And that’s okay.

Most important of all, remember to just have fun! This last semester it’s been my focus to do those last few items on my bucket list, to hang out with my friends as much as possible, and to try not to worry too much about the future. One way or another, I’ll get a job.

About the author

Valerie McArthur

Copyright © 2014. Created by Meks. Powered by WordPress.